- Plus Size Fashion
1. Buy clothes that fit correctly and you're halfway to dressing well as a plus size woman. Clothes that are too tight can emphasize bumps and lumps and can make you look heavier, and clothes that are too big can make you look bigger than you actually are. If you think you're getting away with hiding your weight under clothes, think again. If your clothes don't fit, you'll look heavier. It's best to find your size and buy accordingly.
2. Flowing fabrics typically are not flattering. The billowy shapes of these garments can add on extra pounds. You need to search for clothes that have structure and shape to them. Anything that is tailored, has definite seams, and can hold its shape is a good choice.
3. No matter what your plus size is, start with a good foundation. Your undergarments are important to looking your best. Consider getting a professional bra fitting so that you know exactly what type of bra works for your body. Underwear and bras help give you the support to show off your curves and make the most of your shape.
4. Once you've found the right fit for your undergarments and your shape, you can make a few choices that will help you look slimmer. Monochromatic outfits will give the illusion of slimness. When you don't have different colors creating lines across your body, you'll look taller and thinner.
5. You can also create the same illusion with dark colors. Black, navy blue and dark brown are all minimizing colors. Wherever you wear this color, you'll appear smaller. You can use this to your advantage if you feel like your top half is larger than your bottom, or vice versa.
6. Plus sized jeans make it easy to emphasize your good points. Flared legs make you look taller and slimmer. Look for jeans that include spandex in their material so the jeans will hug your curves without sagging or appearing too tight. Several brand names cater to plus sizes so do some searching online to find the right brand for you.
7. Wearing things that make your legs look longer will also help you appear slimmer. Wearing cuff-less pants will give the illusion of length. Short heels will make your legs look longer as well.
8. Of course, you should also choose clothes that make you feel comfortable. Wearing things that you feel confident in are the best way to show off your shape.