- Overeating - the Forgotten Eating Disorder
Could it be you?
Overeaters Anonymous offers this partial list for those who might have a problem with compulsive overeating. Compulsive overeating effects are serious. If you answer yes to several of these questions, then you may want to consider looking more closely at the issue.
- Do you eat when you're not hungry?
- Do you go on eating binges for no apparent reason?
- Do you have feelings of guilt and remorse after overeating?
- Do you give too much time and thought to food?
- Do you look forward with pleasure and anticipation to the time when you can eat alone?
- Do you plan these secret binges ahead of time?
- Do you eat sensibly before others and make up for it alone?
- Do you hide your food?
- Have you tried to diet for a week (or longer), only to fall short of your goal?