Mrs Hendry had been in intensive care for 12 weeks when she died. She was hospitalised after contracting a meningitis-type infection during a procedure to correct the problems caused by liposuction surgery that she’d undergone 7 years earlier. Instead of enabling Mrs Hendry to regain her post pregnancy (four children) figure as intended, the original surgery had left with nine punctures to her bowel and colon, blood poisoning and multiple organ failure.
In response, Dr Gault, a leading cosmetic surgeon and member of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons said that "Colin Hendry's wife was probably not that bothered by her belly. She was a tiny little thing. This all started in 2002 – seven years of pain and eventual death, and all for a little bit of fat,"
He added the original liposuction had been 'unnecessary'. If this is indeed the case, then even after accepting that no surgical procedure is 100 percent safe, we are left with one logical conclusion ... her death was also unnecessary.
I would like to take this opportunity to offer our condolences to her family and friends.