The purpose of eyeliner to enhance the size and shape of your eyes.
Eyeliner can be pencil, liquid, felt tip or cake. Pencil eyeliners tend to be quite popular because they are easy to use. Liquid eyeliners on the other hand requires practice, before you will achieve enough control to create precise lines. The relative newcomer is felt tip liners, which are quite similar to liquid eyeliners in consistency and offers the user a bit more control. Cake eyeliners, traditionally used by professionals are now becoming very popular. A new trend is to use eyeshadows as eyeliners, the advantage of this is that you have many more colours to choose from.
- How to Apply Eyeliner
- Neutral colours like black, brown or grey work best.
- The tissue of the eye area is extremely delicate, therefore when choosing an eyeliner pencil be sure to select one that is soft enough to glide easily.
Using Eyeliner to change the Shape of Your Eyes
- The method of application varies in accordance with the shape of your eyes. For:-
- - close set eyes: emphasize the outer corners, keeping the inner
- corners highlighted, thus drawing attention outward.
- - wide set eyes: accentuate the inner corners of the eyes.
- - narrow eyes: line the outer eye with a thick line that fade
- inwards. Applying a soft but think line below your eye also had the
- effect of making your eyes seem wider.
- - large/round eyes: apply thick line to your top eyelid; it should be
- thicker at the outer edges.
- - drooping eyes: turn the outer end of the liner in an upward
- Eyeliner Tips
- Apply eyeliner before eye shadow, as the latter will soften the line, thus creating a more natural look.
- When using an eye pencil, open your mouth slightly to relax the eye
- When using an eye pencil, open your mouth slightly to relax the eye muscles. This will make lining a lot easier without having to pull or tug at your lid.
- Apply eyeliner evenly and as close as possible and even into the lashes to avoid the line that indicates that your liner and lashes don’t connect.
- Do not apply eyeliner very heavily as it will smudge leaving you with dark rimmed 'Raccoon' eyes.