- Hair Breakage
- Chemical treatment such as relaxing and colouring, mechanical forces such as combing and brushing, and excessive heat during blow drying or styling.
- Split Ends
- Mechanical forces like combing and brushing hair. Insufficient conditioning. Sunlight, swimming pool water and chemical treatment can alter the hair and increase its propensity to further breakage resulting in cuticle abrasion, erosion, or split ends.
- Strand Thinning
- Chemical and thermal treatments.
- Dry Hair
- Lack of moisture. Hair is typified by curled hair follicles. It is difficult for natural sebum to migrate down the hair shaft, causing hair dryness. Chemical and thermal treatments cause hair shaft swelling, resulting in dry, dull, brittle-feeling hair.
- Dry-Itchy Scalp
- Product build-up, lack of moisture, sensitivity.
- Varied Hair Texture
- Cause: Hair is typified by curled hair follicles. These fibres are shorter in length and elliptical in cross section. Abrasion, and wear occur at the points of curvature.
- Hair Trauma
- Cause: Excessive brushing, back combing, stressed heat, hair weaving, and severe UV exposure.